What does sustainability really mean in the production of tissue products? Fiber? Water? Or, is it carbon footprint? Would individual mills be advantaged or disadvantaged if tissue product sustainability became a target of consumers or governments in a regional market?
This webinar explores the following questions:
- Water factors are potential disruptor only in water stressed local areas. Why doesn’t the cost of water wasted get more attention in papermills?
- Carbon tax or restriction could have a major disruptive impact on individual mill cost position within a country or region. How will they be calculated?
- Product Greenwashing is common by manufacturers, facilities, and interest groups. Will consumer, government, and industry focus shift to real issues?
- Plastic wrap replacement by paper is a potential disruptor that could come quickly in several markets. Why is a paper product packaged in plastic?
- Most Tissue ships by volume, not weight. Can product footprint redesign reduce transport carbon footprint?
- What is next? How will your mill(s) or product be affected?