Fisher International is honored to be a part of the upcoming Specialty Papers Europe 2020 online conference that will run from October 19 – 21. Pirita Huotari, Senior Consultant, will discuss recent capacity trends and developments in specialty papers on October 20 at 12:35 pm GMT.
Pirita will address and answer some of the most pressing questions impacting the current specialty papers segment, including:
- What are the trends and developments that will redefine the specialty industry in the next five years?
- What are some of the biggest challenges the specialty papers industry is facing?
- What are some of the biggest opportunities?
- Why is sustainability so important to this industry and its future?
Key insights from Pirita’s presentation include:
- Multiple factors favoring a shift towards fiber-based packaging: Regulations, increased taxes on non-recyclable plastics, and bans on single-use plastics are creating new opportunities for fiber-based packaging. Brand owners, consumers and regulators are driving a widespread shift away from many plastic packaging options. If the paper industry is able to develop and present innovative, biodegradable alternatives, there is incredible potential for paper packaging on the horizon.
- Step-change in printing and writing may bring conversion candidates to specialties: Per a recent North American study, remote workers use just a quarter of the copy paper that office workers use. And schools, universities, city governments and NGOs have all strived to move away from paper documents to electronic voting, meetings, exams, etc. Why would they move back to using paper? Europe has a number of narrow operating printing & writing machines that carry high risk. How will this trend affect these manufacturers in the future?
To read a brief speaker interview with Pirita, click here.